Post on : October 11, 2016FAQ – Web Hosting
- What will I get when I purchase hosting account?
- What is control panel?
- Is control panel complicated?
- What is Cpanel? How could I access it?
- What is Helm/Plesk/DotNetPanel? How could I access them?
- What is Add-On Domain, Parked Domain?
- What is FTP Server?
- What is my FTP Server Host/IP?
- What is my Email Server?
- Where could I check my online WEBMAIL?
- Why I could not access my Control Panel page?
- Why I could not see my page with my current Internet? I saw it in other place.
- What should I do when my IP is blocked?
- Why my IP is blocked? I didn’t do anything wrong !!!
- Is it possible to migrate/move my current hosting to SERVING WEB?
- Does Serving Web Solution allow me to move out?
- Is there any downtime when moving my hosting account?
- Does Hosting at SERVING WEB has daily backup?
- Could I manage my own DNS while hosting with Serving Web Solution?
Question: What will I get when I purchase hosting account?
You will get a full admin control User Name and Password to manage your hosting package.
We will provide you detail information about:
- Address to manage your account
- Admin User & Password
- File Server Host/IP Address and how to upload/download
- Mail Server Host/IP Address and how to set up and use email
Question: What is control panel?
It is a ready for used pages that represent with some predefined admin functionality, it is look like Control Panel & Setting in Window XP where there are many icon would be accessible to let you change setting or configurin other options on your hosting server account.
Question: Is control panel complicated?
No, it is icon based (Graphic User Interface) with image and text to let you quickly understand what it is and what it being used for?
You could ask us any question on these stuffs when you don’t know.
Question: What is Cpanel? How could I access it?
Cpanel is the most popular hosting management control panel for Linux Server package account. It let you manage email, file system, protect script, set up online application, add domain, add forward, …and more.
CPanel normally accessible via:
- or –
Question: What is Helm/Plesk/DotNetPanel? How could I access them?
These are WINDOW Server management control panel with all similar functions provided as CPANEL too, you could access them via:
Question: What is Add-On Domain, Parked Domain?
Add-On Domain is additional domain allowed to host within one account, we normally create two sub folder to store website files belong to each domain and Control Panel will let you set add-on domain with direction specify for each domain, the file file to load.
Parked Domain is like alias name being assign to load the same website page as the original or main domain created when your account was firstly created (multiple domain pointed into one folder)
Question: What is FTP Server?
FTP Server is the service to let you upload/download your file remotely from within your PC and Server hosting of your website.
- Linux Server normally let your store your website under “www” or “public_html” folder
- Window Server normally have it stores at “wwwroot”, or under folder with name as your domain name
Question: What is my FTP Server Host/IP?
For both Linux and Window Server they share the same charater on this:
FTP Server Host: ftp.yourdomain.com
Using IP address that we will send you via email or you could get it by:
- Window -> Start -> Run -> type “cmd”
- in command prompt, type “ping yourdomain.com”
- you shall see the IP address respond, that’s it, the IP of your server
Question: What is my Email Server?
Email Server is normally come with two forms: incoming and outgoing, on most of the server these two type come with one host name or IP: mail.yourdomain.com
Some server will devide into two:
- Incoming: pop.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing: smtp.yourdomain.com
Question: Where could I check my online WEBMAIL?
Webmail is where you could quickly and anywhere accessible, checking your email through INTERNET.
Webmail normally locates at:
Question: Why I could not access my Control Panel page?
Most of the case, it is because your ISP IP address is blocked by server firewall. This is because many user use the same IP from your ISP – Internet Provider to access the website and some user my fail log in more thn 5 times immediately, then server will block that IP as it is considered to be attempt to get in remote account.
Solution is that you need to get IP of your Internet Accessing Gateway.
- Go to www.ip-adress.com
- See on page, the number in four “.” style
- Copy and past it to email, send to us
- We will check if the server block that, we will remove and have it back to work
There could be some other case that ISP block our server or ISP is down for some reason.
Question: Why I could not see my page with my current Internet? I saw it in other place.
It is because your ISP IP is bloacked by our server or for some reason ISP might block our server too.
To make sure that website is working fine, you could do remote website view at
- Click on “English”
- Enter your website address and click “View/Surf”
- If the result showing your website it mean website works just fine but your ISP and Hosting Server might block each other
- Contact us to solve this
Question: What should I do when my IP is blocked?
Please kindly go to google search for “My IP Address”, then choose any website result to go.
You shall see the Internet Address Number “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” form, just copy and past it to email us. We will check the firewall and clear it out for you.
Question: Why my IP is blocked? I didn’t do anything wrong !!!
No, you did not anything wrong but because this security concern that we need to set up firewall rule to keep on-going watch all activities coming to our server, it could be another Internet user who use the same ISP (Internet Company) as you do:
- Too many wrong/fail SMTP mail sending connection
- Too many fail log in to CPANEL
- Too many FTP connection attemp
- Too many email send out more than 200 per hour
- Running script which open vulnerable hole to hacker
- Running IRC bot Script, Illegal Game Hosting Script
- Running over 20% of CPU Sharing Time more than 15mn
… and more resource usage or security concern, then your IP will be most like being blocked by our watch dog – FIREWALL.
Question: Is it possible to migrate/move my current hosting to SERVING WEB?
If you are you using CPanel, we will be to move everything without lossing any data. Website, Email, User, Password, … all moveable without changing.
If you are using different control panel, we could only ensure the full WEBSITE & Database move, the rest of email account will need to be recreated.
Question: Does Serving Web Solution allow me to move out?
It’s your own choice, we provided you the admin account hence you could do whatever you wish to but we won’t handle the transfer out, it will be your own duty with new company.
Question: Is there any downtime when moving my hosting account?
We do our best to move everything completely before switch your DOMAIN pointing to new server at our company, hence we believe there is no downtime most of the time but there is posibility that some ISP in CAMBODIA do long time Cach refreshing that would make you website down a while, maybe few hours.
Question: Does Hosting at SERVING WEB has daily backup?
Yes, we do have two level of backup system:
- Per account based backup
- Whole server backup
Any wrong doing, let us know within 24 hours we will have your account back to yesterday.
Question: Could I manage my own DNS while hosting with Serving Web Solution?
You got full right to control your domain and hosting account and our control panel got custom DNS allowance to let you point custom DNS record for Mail Exchange, A Host, CName, etc.